From:
Bev Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:14:55 -0600

With Passover just around the corner, I thought everyone would like to have a recipe I devised for homemade gluten free matzah.  Last year we decided to do like the Israelites did in the desert and make our own since I have been unsuccessful in finding a substitute in the last six years since my daughter was diagnosed.   We did not bake it in the sun on the sand however.  We used an oven.  Here is the recipe.  It came out awesome.  Even my now teenage gf picky daughter loved it!!! Enjoy.

Gluten free Matzah - makes 2 large sheets

1 cup Gluten Free Pantry French Bread mix
4 tablespoons water
1 egg

Mix all ingredients in mixer on high until dough forms a ball.  Roll out dough thin in between two sheets of parchment paper dusted with more mix.  Cut into squares and prick with a fork to make it look like matzah and to keep it from rising at all.  Bake at 440 degrees on parchment paper for 18 minutes.  Remove, cool and ENJOY!!!

Warmly,

Bev Wahl