From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:44:22 -0700

I have one son celiac with ADHD, one son with IBS (they won't test for CD
because he is big and has chronic constipation not diarhea), he also has
ADHD and Tourettes.  Has any research been done in the dietary area that
helps these type of people?  Anyone on the list know of anyone that has
followed special diets with good results for people with these conditions?

My son with celiac and following a strict GF diet, still must take
medication as his ADHD was diagnosed 2 years after being GF.  He was 20 mths
when diagnosed celiac and 4 when diagnosed ADHD.  He also has a severe
speech delay.  I will know within the next few years if he also has
Tourettes as it seems to start surfacing around the 7 yr old age.

Karen Bulmer, Systems Analyst
Capital Health
Edmonton, Alberta