From:
"KATHY.G" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:34:26 -0500

I just want to thank all of you who responded to my inquiry about
Osteoporosis and Fosomax.
Here are the results:

Out of 12 people who either are taking or have taken Fosomax, seven are
still on it and having no trouble with it at all, except one woman HATES
taking it (the routine).  None of them have had further bone loss since
starting the medication.   Two people developed pre-ulcerous conditions
from taking it, another had numerous stomach problems and two others are
taking Miacalcin instead.

Just about everyone stressed the importance of EXERCISE.  One person takes
prescription vitamin D, 1500 to 1800 mg of calcium and exercises daily.
Another person said they eat a lot of dark leafy greens for their calcium.

I was a bit surprised to find so many women in my age bracket (38-45) who
have developed Osteoporosis from having Celiac.  Thanks again for all your
help.

Kathy Grzedzinski
Georgia