Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:50:32 -0500

Happy Holidays Everyone...here is a recipe I just got for cookies that
does not use flour...I've never made macaroons before but I'm sure going
to try these. Hope they are as good as they are said to be! JS in IL

Flourless Coconut Macaroons about 3 dz.

3 cups sweetened coconut
4 egg whites
  <A HREF="http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/csingred/eggs.html"> </A>
3/4 cup sugar
1  1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Filling
3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons orange juice or orange liqueur such as Grand Mariner,
Cointrea or Triple Sec ( GF ??)

Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or
foil. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. Drop mixture by
rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the
cookies are firm and light brown, about 25 mins. Cool for 2 mins on the
baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.