Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:59:26 +1000

I was not going to summarise this, but as several people asked me to, here
it is.

Firstly, I am not in denial, nor am I newly diagnosed, there are two of us
with coeliac disease in the house, plus I  have another daughter with her
own household who has also been diagnosed - so I am totally conversant with
the the coeliac condition and the dietary restrictions which it places on
those of us who are afflicted.

I posed the question because I for one am fed up with people who are
pedantic and who state you can only have CD if you have been biopsy
diagnosed and that there is a difference between them and people who have
had a diagnosis of gluten (which really should be gliaden)  sensitivity.  To
me, and my attending physicians, it is one and the same thing and it is
totally confusing for those new to the list and condition.

I received 32 responses which fell into the following broad categories:

Thinking new and having trouble adjusting - 2
Enjoyed post and understood the gist of it - 9
Once a coeliac (like an alcoholic or diabetic) always one -16
Treated as a moron and had the condition explained - 3
Think in denial 1
Flame 1

Regards,
Sylvia,