Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:28:11 EST

All,

Thanks for the replies I did receive. Here is a summary of those I got. Also,
if anyone has additional info, more specifically, I was told (first time
there), that we are going to be staying in the Irving Area. Will be staying
at:

AMERISUITES LAS COLINAS
Address: 333 WEST JOHN CARPENTER FRWY
IRVING TX US 75039

-------------------------------------
Hi:  Go to www.outback.com (Outback Steakhouses) and
www.bonefishgrill.com
(Bonefish Grill).  They both have a new gluten free menu on their web
site
and a location map.  Perhaps there will be one near where you will be.
Print a copy of the menu, take it with you, and -------ask for the
manager-----.  If you will notice on the bottom of the menu, the Gluten
Intolerance Group is working with them on the gluten free menu and I
think
we should patronize them whenever possible.  I have eaten at Outback
Steakhouses all over this country with no adverse effects.  I go to the
local Outback Steakhouse once or twice a week (my treat!).  I have not
eaten
at Bonefish Grill (part of Outback Steakhouses) yet because they are an
hour
and a half away, but I do intend to make a trip as soon as I can.
People on
this site have had excellent results also at the Bonefish Grills.  Good
luck
and have a nice trip.

----------------------------
Check the website of the Dallas/Fort Worth support group at
www.dfwceliac.org There are restaurants listed.  Betty/TX

I go to Dallas often and have had some good experiences.  One of my
favorite
restaurants is PF Changs.  They have several locations and wonderful
food.
It can be crowded in the evening hours but always worth is.  I order the

Lemon Chicken and garlic spinach.  The servings are large and that would

feed me for 2 meals.  They have a GF menu.  There are lots of Tex-Mex
and
there should be several things you can eat.  One of my favorites is El
Fenix.  There are several locations.  What part of D/FW will you be in.
was raised there and know the place well but the area is so large that
if I
knew what area we are talking about I could be more helpful.

We have had success with Cotton Patch, Mimi's Cafe, and the Cheesecake
Factory restaraunts.  They were willing to read ingredients, clean the
grill, etc. in order to avoid gluten or cross contamination for my 4 y/o
son.  And they all have good food. :)

Thanks, Steve