From:
Bobbie Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:55:10 -0400

Hi,

I'm brand-new to this list and very grateful and excited to find it.  My 24-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with CD after suffering intestinal problems for a year.  She has also had seizures for 16 years for which no cause has ever been found.  Her neurologist says it is highly unlikely the seizures are caused by CD, but I have read otherwise.  She also had myasthenia gravis 5 years ago.  Has anyone else had seizures caused by CD and do you think it's too late to reverse them by the GF diet?

She's been GF for 2 months now and has gained 8 pounds, which she dearly needed.  She was doing great until a couple of weeks ago when she suffered either a cold or allergies.  I gave her Clarinex & she had diarrhea for several days.  I stopped it and the diarrhea stopped.  Then the next week I gave her Nyquil & Dayquil gel caps.  The diarrhea returned with a vengeance.  I don't know if these drugs caused it or if it was something else.  She also had a sinus infection.  Could this in itself cause diarrhea?

Another question:  From time to time she gets a mild rash...not like dermatitis herpetiformis but more like hives.  Is this also from gluten?

Sorry to write such a long post, but, as you can see, I need all the help I can get!  Thanks to all of you for your support!

Bobbie Perry
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Bobbie