From:
Mary Mikel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Mikel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:48:39 -0500

Here is a quick summary re: responses to my question about Deland's Millet
Bread.

It has been a mixed response.  Deland Bakery has told people that their
millet bread is gluten free. As I mentioned before, it is not on the printed
label.  My concern is cross contamination, as they also bake wheat bread.

I am wondering, with Ayn in Alabama, why some support group in Florida
hasn't done something in this arena - checked into the bakery's practices,
so we would know whether they are really careful about cross contamination.

Many people have written that they eat the bread and many other millet
products from Deland and have no problems, but many have also written about
adults and children who they know who have eaten it and become violently ill
with vomiting a few hours later.

My question is Is vomiting a celiac symptom?

People have also questioned whether some people might be sensitive/alergic
to the millet itself.  So, there is no clear cut answer.
Mary