Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 09:46:13 -0400

Just had my yearly physical and all blood tests came back normal including
gluten antibody levels. The only slightly abnormal reading was my Ferritin
Serum level- average reading is between 10.0-233 and mine came back as 29- I
am going to see my GI in 2 weeks for a check up anyway so my Internist
suggests I look into this with my GI as he says your body usually depletes
your Ferritin prior to depleting your iron prior to your becoming anemic.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this type of test result and what they
found out. I figured that if my gluten antibodies are neg. then I am probably
not malabsorbing and I certainly have not lost any weight- if anything the
opposite, so now I am curious. Any  thoughts on the subject are certainly
appreciated. Please send a PRIVATE e-mail to [log in to unmask]

THanks & Regards,
LEslie-NYC