From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 03:22:31 GMT

>The ingredients are the following (as I read them off the package):
>onion, potato starch, whey solids, salt, spices (including chili
>pepper, oregano, and cumin) paprika, sugar, garlic, and citric acid.

>I don't have confirmation from the manufacaturer that it is GF,
>but these ingredients seem OK to me and I have had no problems at all
>after eating it.

Nina and I had a discussion regarding this post and we felt that it was
appropiate to pass along the questions to the List.

Some commerical spices can contain wheat as a flow control material even
when the household version is a pure spice.  Therefore, when recommending
that another person use a product, it is always desireable to at least
have an initial status from the company.  The company may not know what
they are talking about, but that is another matter.

At least two items in the ingredient statement are possible sources of a
toxic grain: spices and cumin.

Nina included her location as an aid for those outside of the US that may
have the same brand.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA