From:
Rochelle Daniels-Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:02:36 EDT

Hi All!  Wow was this a hot topic!  Thank you very much to everyone who
responded to my e-mail.

Here's the summary on the topic:

1.  EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE!!!  This advice came from 90 percent of you.

2.  Cut down on products containing GF flour, as it contains much more
calories than wheat flour and other grains. GF breads, cookies, cakes, etc..
are more fattening than their non-GF counterparts!

3.  Have my Thyroid levels checked.  Actually I did, and I'm very low-- I have
since been put on Synthroid.  Let's hope it works!

4.  Don't eat after 7:30 PM (which is hard to do!!!!)!!  I love my before bed
snacks! (...especially The Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Truffle Brownies and
herb tea!!).

5.  Drink lots and lots of water-- 6 to 8 glasses a day.  This will help to
cleanse your   system.  We'll have to be running to the bathroom, but drink
them anyway!

6.  Diets.. there are a few of high protein, low carb diets out there that
some of our listmates are on.  Best advice is to check with your GI or PCP
before going on them.

7.  Be careful of carbohydrates in any capacity-- also of fruits. We do not
metabolize them well and can be a reason for weight gain-- turning to sugar
and adding those pounds.

8.  Cut down on quantity of foods.  Many of us, since going GF, are eating
more-- perhaps because we're not feeling sick or we're just hungrier due to
the fact that we're now absorbing nutrients!

9.  We're now absorbing, so of course we're going to gain weight--  go out and
buy new clothes!! We feel great-- enjoy it!!

10.  Check the Donwiss web site.  They have some good information on this
subject.  I'll forward the address to you.

Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.  This has been a great
experience.  Chat with you soon!

Shelley Daniels-Chase