Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:00:40 -0500

I am wondering if taking dapsone stops the DH breakout by destroying the
gluten protein in our bodies or if it delays the reaction until you stop
taking the dapsone???  Diagnosed 8 years ago via biopsy, I take dapsone as
needed, usually averaging 125 mg over the course of 7 days.  I am
constantly borderline anemic, take extra iron to combat the low blood
count.  This week, I have ran myself out of dapsone, DR. wont prescribe
till I have a visit on Wednesday, it is all about the CO-pay....  but
during this process of regulating my last few dapsone I am so broken out I
cannot believe it.  I am back to pre diagnosis breakout - knees, elbows,
scalp, ears, ....... when i was still drinking real beer to releave the
itching....  I am very careful of my diet, am always very serious, but with
his recent huge breakout, I am wondering if the breakout is caused soley
from not taking the dapsone as opposed to ingesting anything.  Do I have
gluten protein radicals running through my system looking for a way out,
waiting for me to take a lesser amount of dapsone????   I try to take the
least amount of dapsone that i can every week, happy when i am only take
75mg per week.  I will summarize Dapsone and DH comments.
Thanks,
Kaye