From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:39:18 -0400

Based on the response below, I would not consider Fuddruckers safe place
to eat *anything*.  But you are your own best judge.

I have no financial interest in Fuddruckers, or any other restaurant.
I'm just interested in what chain restaurants I can eat at if I'm in a
real pinch.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore
***************************

Response from Fuddruckers customer service:

Thank you for your e-mail. Just a disclaimer, we do not have medical
certification. I can't say for sure what degrees or traces of gluten
will affect your condition and products are open to variation by
individual restaurants and circumstances.  Our hamburger is 100% USDA
ground beef and the only thing on it is our Spud Spice, which is gluten
free.  Our fries and their seasoning are also gluten free, but the
grease bins they are cooked in are used to fry products with gluten in
them.  All of our chicken is lightly floured except our original chicken
which is cooked with oil and gluten free spices, but once again I can
not say if traces of flour are on that chicken as well.  On anything on
our menu you can always talk to the manager and have it done specially,
but traces will most likely be on the equipment.

Our condiments all come with product labels which a manager may go
through individually and check for gluten content if so desired.  If you
have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you,
Jennifer Layton
Guest Services Team