Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:15:16 -0700

Please forgive me this really strange question; I just hope your
intelligence and knowledge will help me to find answers I need.

I am self-diagnosed (my blood test was negative) and been on a gf diet
for 6 months.  My condition improved, but I experienced new and strange
symptoms during this time.  I started with a very liberal gf diet, but
since my improvement was so slow, I tighten the diet.  I suspected
additional allergies (skin tests didn't show anything), so I kept a
diary of everything I ate.  Still, I couldn't make any conclusion what
causes these new problems.  Recently however I paid attention that I
have problems after visiting certain friends and even after they visit
us (it happens pretty often)!  Since my husband also had strange
gastro/other problems during this year, I decided to check symptoms of
different types of poisoning (it started as a joke...).  I was amazed to
find that all celiac symptoms may be also signs of a poisoning / drug
overdose (see http://informatics.drake.edu/pth/html/frpth.htm for a list
of all possible symptoms).

The expression 'gluten is arsenic for people with celiac disease' is not
an exaggeration:  a healthy human body reacts exactly the same way to
poisons.  When I learned it first, I felt sorry I never been formally
diagnosed.  But then I thought the formal diagnosis wouldn't make a
difference:  intestines can be flattened probably from a chronic
poisoning!?  The same with the blood anti-body test:  will the
antibodies be produced as a result of a chronic poisoning?  I'm not an
expert but it seems to me they would.  Then I asked myself why the gf
diet still helped?  I can see 2 explanations:

1) I'm very careful with what I eat and it's much more difficult to
continue to poison me;

2) I read that at the beginning of the century many doctors prescribed
carbohydrate free diet for people with intestines problems (heal
faster)?

Do you think my logic fails somewhere?  If you do please let me know,
I'll be glad to hear that.  Also if you ever though about it and know
something about poisons, what kind of poison/drug can it be (my
symptoms:  under-rib pain, abdominal pain, ovarian failure, bladder
problems, diarrhea sometimes, extreme sensitivity)?

Can you advise how to prove it (please don't advise me to stop seeing
these people:  I can't do it without any proof)?

This is just a speculation of course (am I paranoid and is it a celiac
symptom?  ;) ).

One thing that really scared me after all:  we (I ) try to explain all
our problems with celiac.

But maybe environmental problems /toxic metals, etc.  have the same
outcome as celiac?

Thanks!

Ellen