From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:01:06 -0400

I asked for recommendations for restaurants and food stores near
Portland, Augusta, Brunswick, Lewiston-Auburn.  Whoa did you guys come
through with recommendations.  The response was incredible!!  I'm
breaking this into several messages to keep each message at a manageable
length.

This message contains food stores and restaurants in the Bath-Brunswick
area.

THANK YOU to everyone who replied.

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore

BATH/BRUNSWICK AREA FOOD STORES
Morning Glory Natural Foods
64 Maine Street
Brunswick, ME 04011
Phone:  207-729-0546
Comments:  "...the choices vary from trip to trip."

Royal River Natural Foods
319 US Route 1 South
Freeport, ME 04032
Phone:  207-865-0046
http://www.rrnf.com/
Comments:  "...the choices vary from trip to trip."

BATH/BRUNSWICK AREA RESTAURANTS
General Comments:
"Are they interested in Indian and Thai food?  That's where we have the
best success. ...If they like fish just about every place will broil or
bake it for you, without the crumb topping."
"Obviously we have several restaurant around that can serve fresh
seafood and salad."

Captain Daniel Stone Inn
10 Water Street, Brunswick ME 04011
(207) 725-9898
http://www.timesrecord.com/Taste_Midcoast/dstone.html
Comments:  "If you don't mind pricey, you would certainly enjoy The
Captain Daniel Stone Inn in Brunswick.  I wouldn't suggest Sunday brunch
because they are so busy and pre-make most of the buffet but other times
they will accommodate your needs.  One of the chefs wife had cd and also
one of the waiters daughters has cd -we are friends with him.  He made
it possible for us to feel secure taking our daughter out for the first
time in three years!!!"

China Rose Restaurant
42 Bath Road
Brunswick, ME 04011-2604
(207) 725-8813
Comments:  "I have a celiac friend that tells me that she has good
luck..."

Dolphin Marine Restaurant
515 Basin Pt Rd
Harpswell, ME 04079-3450
(207) 833-6000
Comments:  "has an excellent fish chowder, a little pricey there.
Unfortunately, their menu doesn't offer much else that we can eat."

Kennebec Tavern
119 Commercial St
Bath, ME 04530-2505
Phone: (207) 442-9636
Comments: "on the waterfront in Bath is a nice setting and they have
good salads, burgers, or can broil and bake fish."

J R Maxwells
122 Front St
Bath, ME 04530-2607
(207) 443-2014
Comments:  "...If they like fish ... will broil or bake it for you,
without the crumb topping... also have good burgers and salads."

New Meadows Inn
412 State Rd
Bath, ME 04530-6247
Phone: (207) 443-3921
Comments:  "... is good and again, can [broil and bake fish].  Depending
on the day, they have buffets as well as regular menus.  Reasonably
priced. But, I believe that I asked about their fish chowder there and
they do use a little thickener..."

Oriental Restaurant
1 Chandler Dr Ste 13
Bath, ME 04530-1522
Phone: (207) 442-7929
Comments: "If they are looking for Chinese food, I go to the Oriental
Restaurant in the Bath shopping center, it is a small place and the
owner will use cornstarch if requested."

Scarlet Begonias
212 Maine St., Brunswick, ME 04011
Telephone (207) 721-0403
http://www.timesrecord.com/Taste_Midcoast/begonias.html
Comments: "...will cook your pasta for you there and serve it etc. you
may
want to call ahead and see what they would require."

Thai Dish Restaurant
136 Pleasant St
Brunswick, ME 04011
(207)-725-5777
Comments: "near Travelers Inn" "a choice of sauces ... from mild to
spicy, and
one can always ask for steamed vegetables (no sauce) with rice."

Thai Garden Restaurant
233 Rt 1
Freeport, ME
(207) 865-6005
"a choice of sauces ... from mild to spicy, and one can always ask for
steamed vegetables (no sauce) with rice."

Thai House Restaurant
207 Pleasant St, Brunswick, ME 04011
(207) 725-6866
http://www.timesrecord.com/Taste_Midcoast/thaihouse.html
Comments: " across from Dexter Shoe"  "is very knowledgeable about the
celiac diet" "a choice of sauces ... from mild to spicy, and one can
always ask for steamed vegetables (no sauce) with rice."