From:
Erin Madsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erin Madsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:32:30 -0400

Hello everyone! Sorry this summary has taken forever to put out.  Thanks
to all who responded.  I received many emails stating what we all know.
Eat less, exercise more.  The biggest thing seems to be to avoid most of
the GF processed food.  These substitutes are packed full of calories and
fat.  Limit rice and potatoes and load up on the veggies, fruit, poultry
and fish.  And even though they're so convenient and yummy, no potato or
corn chips :(  Other than that, here are some more specifics I was given.
I just joined Sparkpeople and that was exactly what I was looking for: a
FREE way to chart my calories and progress.  There's even a Celiac group
on it. http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=948

Here's the rest:

Go buy the book Ultra-Metabolism by Mark Hyman, M.D..  (I got it on
Amazon, but they also have it at Costco).  He is very against gluten
for the general population, as he feels it is the major cause of
inflammation in many forms.  He is also about "clean" eating and
eating every few hours so that your metabolism is operating
properly.

Connie Sarros' cookbooks--she's done a
great job of writing good,
simple recipes. Check out her Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids
and Busy Adults and
Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Reduced Calorie Cookbook. You can buy them from
her directly  (www.gfbooks.homestead.com), or through Amazon.

www.dietpower.com

Someone noted that the Weight Watcher frozen meals don't seem to contain
gluten, although I haven't looked into this myself.

Good luck to everyone!!

-Erin