From:
David Leyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:30:25 -0500

I was thumbing the lastest issue of Workbench magazine and found that there
is a new use for wheat that is emerging.  Isobord Enterprises of Canada is
producing construction material made from wheat.  The material is similar to
medium density fiberboard (MDF).  MDF is made from wood chips.  The use for
the wheat product would be the same; to be used in cabinets and other
construction.  This may not present a problem in the home so long as it is
sealed with a coating, but it could present a problem during construction
when saw dust is airborne.

On a different note, my wife Nancy just removed yeast raised rolls from the
oven which taste great, have the consistency of a wheat product, and are not
at all gritty.  The flour mixture was 3/8c bean flour (Authentic Foods
GARFAVA), 5/8c potato starch, 1/2c rice flour and 1/2c tapioca flour.  The
ratio per ingredient is odd because she cut a receipe in half.  It was a
test run; our first try with the bean flour.  I don't know if the mixture of
other flours is significant, but it worked great!  Probably just dumb luck.