From:
Linda C Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:47:03 -0500

Dear Listmembers,

I just wanted to pass on some information that I collected less than 5
minutes ago. There has been much discussion on obtaining GF vitamins and
other OTC meds recently.

I placed a call to HANNAFORD BROTHERS (aka Shop n Save Supermarkets) that
have stores throughout New England/New York...I spoke with "Tina" in
Customer Information. The following item are GF...

Vitamins--ALL HANNAFORD LABEL VITAMINS ARE GLUTEN FREE

Ibuprophen-- Hannaford Label Ibuprophen both the tablets and caplets are
GF

Night Time Cold Formula-- Hannaford Label-is GF, the alcohol source is
non-grain

Herbal Cough Drops-- Hannaford Label-are GF

Tina and customer information are presently researching some other OTC
meds for me and will call back within the next few days, when I have the
results I will post

.This grocery chain seems to be quite aware of the problem of gluten and
they will check their suppliers on any product you request as well as
send a list of Hannaford Labels. If like me, you are often pressed for
time it is nice to know that you can purchase safe items when you do your
regular shopping. In our conversation labeling was discussed, Hannaford
makes an effort to make their labels as clear as possible, such as the
Cottage Cheese I picked up this morning, the label goes so far as to list
the source of the contained maltodextrin (it is tapioca). I for one will
be purchasing many of the Hannaford products.

Happy New Year!!
Linda in Maine