From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:22:35 -0800

  I am amazed at how many food products contain malt flavoring.  Many times it is the only offending ingredient in things that would otherwise be safe for Celiac's to eat.

  I started to do a little searching around after all of the posts regarding "parts per million" and "how much gluten is safe for celiacs to injest" on this list this week.

  I read Don Kasarda's letter to Kellog's on celiac.com with interest.

  Just out of curiosity....Do any of you eat cereals or other products where the only suspicious ingredient is Malt Flavoring?  If you do, have you found pertinent information published on the subject?

  Thanks, and I will post the results for you all.

  Beth