From:
Joanne E Hameister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:11:34 -0500

I received the following information about restaurants and stores for GF
products in the Clearwater,FL area.
Joanne Hameister
Nature's Food Patch - on Cleveland Ave. in Clearwater
(813) 443-6703  This is a huge store with lots of food, flour, etc. for
Celiacs.  This  store also has lots of organic foods.

Palm Harbor Health Food Store  -  on Curlew Road, P. Harbor  (813)
786-1231 They are not nearly as large as Nature's Food Patch but do have
a large assortment of food, flour, etc.

There are only two restaurants I eat at.  In New Port Richey we eat at the
Golden Corral which is a buffet.  The price is around $7.00 for the buffet
plus extra for drinks.  I know everything in there *that I eat* is gluten
free as I have checked out everything and read their labels.  They are so
nice is letting me check out everything.  We eat there several times a week.

Pappas Restaurant in Tarpon Springs has very good food - is more expensive.
I only get the broiled chicken, baked potato, vegetable and salad (without
dressing as I do not know what kind of dressings they use).
---
For the Non-Celiac:  Alessi bakery in Tampa was a wonderful bakery when I
lived there... Don't know if they carry GF goods, but definitely worth a
call.
---
I have eaten in a restaurant in St. Petersburg that is great!  Although
it is not GF, the owner (named Edith) is very responsive to my diet.  Her
husband is the chef. She said she was a dietitian and has an
understanding of diet restrictions.  I do give her guidance each time we
visit, and I have not had a problem.  It is also a fun place.  It is a
Caribbean style restaurant\menu and she is very accommodating.
        Saffrons        (ask for Edith) Park Street - St. Petersburg