From:
Joe Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 22:27:52 -0500

I went out to buy some Green's Endeavour yesterday at the Whole Foods in Northbrook (north suburbs
of Chicago) that carries it. They were out, but had several other new & interesting options. The
beer I ended up with is St Peter's Sorgham Beer (yes, I know that's not the usual spelling--they no
doubt misspelled it so they could trademark it). It's imported from England and is very good. It's
better than any of the US-made sorghum beers--has more body, and an unusual spicy component to its taste.

The ciders are Samuel Smith's Organic Cider (English import) and J.K's Scrumpy Hard-Cider Farmhouse
Organic Orchard Gate Gold (Michigan). We drank the Samuel Smith's and enjoyed it. It's less sweet &
more beer-like than many of the hard ciders that are available. Smith's also brews a number of
regular beers (ales, lagers, & stouts), so I'm not surprised that their cider would be more beer-like.

I'm looking forward to trying the other one, which has a refreshingly short list of
ingredients--fresh apple juice & yeast.

The only down side of all these products is that they come in 550 ml/22 oz bottles. That's at least
twice as much as I can comfortably drink at one sitting, so I'm left having to wait until my
partner wants to share a bottle. Not a big issue, perhaps, but I mention it in case you've got no
one to share with.

Joe Ellison
Chicago, IL

*******