From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:47:36 -0600

THANKS to all the responses!  You all are great!  I guess I wasn't very
clear though in my original post because a lot of people asked about the
spices used and what was in the potatoes that I ate--There was nothing
in the potatoes as the butter and sour cream were on the side and the
only spice used was sage, which was Tones brand and was OK.  The turkey
wasn't cooked in a bag with flour.  My mom was very careful with
EVERYTHING! :-)  My aunt even thought she was doing good by leaving off
the French onions from her green bean casserole that she brought until I
told her that I couldn't have the mushroom soup!  Needless to say, the
French onions were immediately dumped on and I didn't get them! :-)  I'm
99.9% sure there was no contamination because luckily for me my family
is VERY conscientious about what I can and cannot eat (plus we don't
like double dipping either :-)

I came to the conclusion (along with many responses stating the same
possibility) that I probably was just plain sick!  I think because we
have celiac disease that when we do get sick we immediately think "oh
no--what did I eat?!"  It was great finally being able to eat with my
family though (besides just having mashed or baked potatoes at family
gatherings) and I won't be worried next time about eating what I know is
GF.

Thanks again to everyone for there comments and concern!  It's great to
have someplace to turn to for another perspective on things!

Amy
West Branch, IA