From:
Susan Lerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:06:04 -0500

Thanks, Donn Wiss, for the posting of the Injera recipe.  I have enjoyed many
a meal at Ethopian restaurants, of which there are many in L.A. (Popular in
Washington, D.C. as well).  However, in response to my questions, some of the
servers told me that their injera was not made with pure teff, but also
contained wheat flour.  I don't know whether  this is the answer that they
figure dumb Americans can handle (Yes, yes of course, wheat...) or whether it
really is a mix, perhaps for economic reasons.  Anyone out there know if
Injera can be made with a blend of wheat and teff?  Thanks.

Susan Lerner