Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:46:56 -0600

We are stocking the shelves in our new retail store now.  I have
completed all the construction, passed all the inspections, learned
how to use the cash register and credit card machine, and figured out
the coffee machine so we are ready to go.  Oh, we also have perfected
our gf goodies.  Boy have I had fun tasting all the new recipes.

WE ARE OPENING NEXT SATURDAY, FEB 10th

Madwoman Foods Bakeshop and Foodery is located at 4747 Nicollet Ave
S, Minneapolis, MN
Hours will be Mon thru Sat 10 am to 6 pm; Sun noon to 5 pm
We may start out a bit slower with abbreviated weekday hours so you
might want to call first 612-825-6680

We may not have all of our products available the first week or so.
We will, of course, have our frozen pizzas, tea cakes, and flatbread
which are also available at our online store
(www.madwomanfoods.com).  We will also have cookies, cakes, pies,
granola, WheyLow, gf all-purpose flour, almond meal, gf certified
oats, Stir Fry Tea Oil, Ghee, Wheat Free Tamari, tea, coffee, and
bottled low-glycemic drinks.  Our meatballs and frozen entrees may
not be available for a few weeks and our gf ice cream will not debut
until late Spring when we complete our course in Italian so we can
read the instructions for the ice cream machine we bought.

Now about bread.... we have searched for bread to carry in our
store.  Since we don't make bread we thought we'd carry bread made by
others.  I have a problem with most gf breads with their high content
of white rice flour (very high glycemic) and their texture (always
have to toast to eat).  I'm sorry but I'm a bit of a bread snob.  Why
waste the calories if it isn't excellent?   So, I presented the
challenge to my partner the Madwoman Woman baker.  She went into her
bakery laboratory and came out with a great gfcf bread that tastes
like homemade country bread.  I didn't have to toast it!  In fact, I
had a tuna salad sandwich yesterday for the first time in 8 years.
Granted, I may have forgotten what real wheat bread tastes like so we
put this bread to the "stranger test".  We asked others who are not
gf to try some and didn't tell them it was gf.  They loved it!
Yipee...... bread again.

We have to order the bread pans, bags, make labels, and all those
details so the bread will probably  not be available the first day we
open.  But, it is on it's way.

So for those who are not in Minnesota, you now have even more reasons
to visit.  We have three GF bakeries in the Twin Cities, the Mall of
America, nice crisp air in the winter, and great fishing in summer.
I'll let you know when we start offering more products on our online
store in case you can't make it to town.

Bren
Madwoman Foods
www.madwomanfoods.com