Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:32:47 -0800

I thought some some you might be interested to know that Tufts University
Medical Letter in April stated that according to the Food Allergy Network,
eight foods cause 90 percent of all allergic reactions: Peanuts, tree nuts
(such as almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts), fish, shellfish, eggs,
milk, soy, and wheat.

I thought perhaps this might help some of you isolate some of those more
elusive problems.

They also mentioned that Mayo clinic has discovered that some supplements
(especially potassium, iron, and magnesium) can show up on X-rays and
easily be mistaken for gallstones, kidney stones, or tumors -- especially
for those who have diminished acid or take pepcid AC or ZAntac or such.
Several doctors at Mayo recently were stumped for a few days about some
gallstones one of their patients showed on x-rays. Finally on subsequent
x-rays they noticed that the stones were moving and did a series of tests
to find out which supplement were likely to show up in x-rays. They suggest
that when you go to have x-rays tell the tech whatever supplements you have
taken recently.   -vance