Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 17:03:24 -0400

I just made this soup and thought I'd share it with you.  As you know most tomato soups contain wheat flour.  I have adapted this one and we really like it.
1/4 C. margerine
1/4 C. chopped onion
2 TBS. cornstarch
1 C. water
6 med.tomatoes peeled and chopped (about 2 cans)
1TBS. minced fresh parsley
1 TBS. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 bayleaf
Melt butter in large sauce pan or dutch oven.  Saute onion in margerine for 3 min. or until tender.  Reduce heat to low, add cornstarch stirring constantly.  Gradually add water;  cook over mediun heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.   Add the next 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.  Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.  Remove and discard bay leaf.  Spoon 1/3 of the tomato mixture into container of blender and process until smooth.  Repeat with remaining mixture.  Enjoy!  This recipe is yummy, easy and very forgiving.  As with any recipe I usually make it according to the directions, then I fool around with it adding or subtracting things I think are more to our liking.  You may want to spice it up a bit.  Sandy