From:
Kathleen Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:35:26 EST

My Own Complete Baking Mix

3 cups white or brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup potato starch/flour
1 1/2 cups of dry milk (can be omitted if you want to add milk when you bake)
2 tsp xanthan gum
3 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
5 tsp GF Baking Powder (Rumsford)
5 tbsp sugar
 Mix together and store in an airtight container.
For pancakes, add 1 cups of mix, 1 tbsp oil, 1 egg and 1 cup or more water or
milk to achieve the right consistency.   Make pancakes on a griddle or
skillet.   I also use a sandwich maker to cook the pancakes.   Sometimes I pour in a
little batter, add cream cheese, preserves, cheddar or other filling and put
more batter on top.   Great little hot pocket snacks!    I also use the little
triangles for sandwiches, like PB&J.
For biscuits, I used 1 1/2 cups mix, 1 egg and 2 tbsp of oil.   Mixed with
enough water/milk to make soft dough that still stood alone.   I drop the batter
by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake until browned on top
(About 18-20 min).   I also use tuna cans to make biscuit/muffins or large
tuna cans for burgers buns.

A loaf of bread in a large pan should require 2 1/2 cups of mix, 2 eggs, 2
Tbsp of  oil, and 1 1/2 cups water/milk to make a soft dough leaning toward a
batter, but not that thin.  Bake around 50 min. at 350degrees
For Fruit breads or muffins:  2 cups of mix, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of oil, 3/4 cup
of brown or white sugar, spices, canned or fresh fruit (apple sauce, pineapple,
bananas) or pumpkin, zucchini etc  and enough water/milk to make a batter.
Add nuts and/or raisins if desired.  Bake at least 1 hour.
Hoagie Rolls.  Mix 2 cups of mix, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of oil, 1 1/4 cups of milk
or water.  Drop two large tablespoons of dough side by side on a cookie sheet
and use the spoon to make it into a small loaf shape.  Spray the top with olive
oil and bake for about 20 minutes.  Use for pizza bread or sandwiches.