From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:17:33 -0600

Hello Friends!

I am in the process of weaning my 5 1/2 month old baby boy.  He seemed
to have a reaction to the powder Enfamil we gave him Saturday so we have
switched to ProSobee on the advice of our pediatrician.  My breasts are
sore and uncomfortable.  Understandable, I know.

My question is, should I go ahead and attempt to dry myself up?  I know
there is a possibility he may have a reaction to this formula too, and
the next and so on.  So far he seems okay with this one.  Today is the
second day but he had an almost immediate reaction with the Enfamil --
redness all over and even welts.  I have been pumping some, partly to
relieve fullness and partly because of a concern that if he doesn't
tolerate and thrive on any formula I can go back to breastfeeding.  The
problem with figuring out how he does on formulas is simply the time it
takes.  I am planning on going 3 hrs. to my folks' house Friday and had
hoped to be farther along in this process.  He also strongly resists
because he just doesn't want to take a bottle as opposed to nursing from
Mom.  However, we did get three feedings in him yesterday and I nursed
him before going to bed.  (We both felt better).  I would appreciate
input from other celiac moms or moms with celiacs in the family.  BTW,
he is doing great so far -- very healthy other than a couple ear
infections.

Thanks.

Lisa