From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 12:07:31 -0500

I think everyone has heard of Bette Hagman, the author of the
Gluten-Free Gourmet series of cookbooks. We have a tape of Bette's
appearance on PBS that will be shown at our upcoming meeting Monday
night, 13 May, at 7 pm at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive
in San Antonio. In order to leave plenty of time for answering your
questions, we will show 30 minutes of the tape at this meeting and save
the rest for another meeting.

After the meeting, we will enjoy visiting with each other and snacking
on the gluten-free goodies that you bring. Please remember to bring
either a copy of the recipe or a list of ingredients to place by your
dish, as some members have other sensitivities or allergies and must
check for ingredients other than gluten.

Our newsletter editor (me!) also reminds you that this is a good way to
share that new recipe you have come up with or the regular recipe that
you have converted to be gluten free. Just make an extra copy and give
it to me when you arrive. Remember, we can't use recipes straight from
cookbooks in the newsletter, but if you have made at least 3 or more
changes to the recipe, we can print it.

Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive, is just past Northwest
Military Highway on the IH 410 West access road. If you're new and not
sure where that is, go to Yahoo! Maps or Lycos Maps and you can get a
printable map to help you get there.

If you are not a member of our group but would like to join, contact our
Membership Chair, Anne Barfield, [log in to unmask] for information.

Looking forward to seeing you Monday night,

Lynn Rainwater, Secretary
San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group
http://www.alamoceliac.org