From:
Aileen Marson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:17:37 +0200

Hi all,

After being on this list for months I have found both good old fashioned
logical advice hope and concerns.

About a week ago my boyfriend mentioned how much better my back was looking.
I have DH on my back that presents itself in the form of a very mild rash -
permanently.  It is itchy and irritating and has been with me since I was at
least 13 (I am now 24).  The DH used to be _ALL_ over my back now it is only
along a small part of my spine.  I have only been on a GF diet for almost 10
months!

I have been diagnosed as anaemic, suffering from chronic fatigue - yuppie
flux, lazy, stressed, a hypochondriac etc etc etc.

Today I dont get as tired as easily, I make sure to take the extra (GF)
iron supplements.

As a vegetarian in South Africa, life is not so easy - especially since we
are behind the world in so many things. But the coeliac society here is
very very helpful and there are some really good bakeries and the like that
do GF breads and biscuits. Although they are mainly available in Johannesburg.

Any way, as my boyfriend says: "You can have a salad any where - just hold
the dressing." and tell those caterers - I have yet to find one that will
not go out of his/her way to prove how skillful thay are in producing a
vegetarian gluten free meal, that is often more interesting and tasty than
every one elses!

Keep Smiley, and stick to that GF diet!
There is hope.

Aileen.