From:
Marlene Maderer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:00:39 EST

Hi All,

I do not do this very often, but feel compelled to do so now. My husband, a
 friend and I went to Terra, 243 S. Camac St in Philadelphia last night and
had  such a terrific gluten free dining experience that I had to tell you
all about  it. I found it by going on the website for the celiac awareness
expo that took  place at the Navy Yard in Philly this winter and checking to
see what  restaurants participated. They do not have a gluten free menu, but
the chef  knows what he is doing and has gf flours on hand and will do gf
substitutions to  accommodate any gf needs and appreciates his patrons
spreading the word. The  staff is also well trained and makes it a point to explain
each dish that has  been created for the special dietary needs. My
husband(who does not NEED to eat  gf) and I (celiac) both ate gf so that we could
share and they  understood this and brought him the non gf sauces on the side
if he chose to use  them. Chef Eric Paraskevas made the most wonderful meals
for all of us, and it  was so great not to compromise on taste in order to
eat gf. We ate the following  and had LOTS more to choose from without
having to explain ANYTHING. Finding the Terra on that website, I did not think
to call ahead as I usually do. Even though the chef accommodated us
beautifully, he does suggest that you would have even more choices (such as he
would make sure he had some extra gf specialties on hand) if you call  ahead.
The website is _www.terrapa.com_ (http://www.terrapa.com)  and  the phone is
215-545-1102. I strongly recommend this restaurant as do the other  two
people in my party. We WILL all be back! Thank you Chef Eric  Paraskevas.

first course:
grilled octopus, lemon bbq, cardomom (yum)
scallops, roasted hedghog mushrooms, muddled pomegranate reduction(to die
for)
second course:
filet,foie gras, horseradish potatoes, balsamic steak sauce(cooked
perfectly)
pan seared pork loin, parsnip puree, apple jus (yum)
dessert:
white chocolate cake, milk chocolate mousse, bitter chocolate soup, cocoa
nib praline(not gf;for my hubby)
homemade ice cream sandwiches( gf for me)

I have no interest in this restaurant other than eating gf, well and
safely!

Marlene