From:
Roger Buckmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:47:23 -0700

********************GF Breads Summary***************************

First of all, I want to thank all of the wonderfull people that
responded with their opinions, suggestions and ideas. At first I was
going to try to thank everyone individually, but I just have to many
irons in the fire to do so. I really appreciate everyones emails to me.
These are some of the comments, I hope they provide some ideas or help
to some. (Dona J. Buckmann)

Ener-g.com They make gf/soy free/dairy free breads whcih are more 'real'
consistency than someof the other GF breads we've tried.

The only "store" breads are GF breads you can buy in a health food
store, such as rice or tapioca bread.

Check you local health food stores or glutino.com They have a number of
GF breads that are very tasty.

Yes, but unless you live by a bakery they are not very good. Pumpkin
bread, banana bread, etc., are always great.

The only pre-made bread I've had that tasted very good was from Food For
Life, which I bought at a Whole Foods store. All gluten free bread
pretty much has to be toasted to be good.

I have never found one at a regular grocery store, but have at Trader
Joe's and Whole Food store and local health food stores. There are two
brands. One is Food for Life and they have a brown rice/pecan or brown
rice/almond bread that is heavenly, the other brand is Ener-G which has
a white rice, potato, and several other types. I am afaid I didn't like
these as well.

Food for Life Pecan Rice is pretty tasty, especially toasted with peanut
butter.

Tapioca and rice bread from Ener-G foods.

Ener-G and Food for Life are two brands of gluten-free breads, but they
are usually only available in health food stores. My favorite is Food
for Life's Rice and Pecan bread, but the others are fine.

If there is a Whole Foods Market near you, they have a gluten-free bread
in one of the refridgerated cases, but truthfully it's not very good.

The Food For Life Company out of California makes great breads that are
gluten-free.They are carried in many health food stores in the freezer
sections.

"Food for Life" breads, available at local health food store as well as
a major grocery chain.

Ener-G Tapioca Loaf and Ener-G High Fiber Loaf. (www.ener-g.com) They
also have a raisin loaf

The most widely available brand of bread is Ener-G from Seattle, WA.
They sell a number of breads and their tapioca loaf comes closest to the
Wonder Bread experience. They also have a web site at www.ener-g.com.
The other brand which is common in the midwest is Food for Life. They
make 5 breads and they are closer to a whole wheat in texture and
consistency.

Food for life RiceBreads, Cybro bread and rolls,EnerG Foods can be found
in a good Health Food Store.

I get the Food for Life  breads at a unique store  called Trader Joe's.
I don't know if these stores are near you,but they even have a
gluten-free product list.

my favorites are Harvest (dark bread) or tapicoa or rice from Ener-g
Foods, and Almond Rice I can't remember the company but it is in the
freezer section.