From:
Christoph Hintze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

Bob Becker writes:

>        Anecdotally, I have been eating McDonald's burgers, etc. for 21
>years (since I was about 5 or 6) and have, to my knowledge, never suffered a
>reaction from eating there.   think the biggest dangers are from
>cross-contamination of fries and from the buns being warmed on the same
>grill as the burger.

For what it's worth, (again anecdotally) I worked in fast food for a number
of years (although this was a few years ago) and at McDonalds, Burger King,
and Hardees, I never once saw buns warmed on the grill.  We always used bun
toasters.  Which is not to say that it's never done, but it doesn't seem to
be standard practice.  (My experience was in Michigan and North Carolina.)

Sherry Hintze in North Carolina