From:
natalie shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:03:12 EST

Dear Listmates

Just to update you all following my questions on Queenstown, NZ.  I didn't
post a summary, because I only had three responses, and none of them were
locals.

We had a fabulous trip there.  It is very easy to eat gf.  Every restaurant
was most accommodating, and almost everyone understood/had heard of CD, and
knew the dietary requirements.  NZ food labelling is rigorous, so it is easy
to determine what is and isn't gf.  "Gourmet Express" on Shotover Street was
especially good, and very good with children.

Special mention has to go to "Skiwiland" at the Remarkables Ski Area, who
went out of their way to accommodate both of our celiac kids.  Anyone
contemplating a skiing holiday with young children needn't look any further.

Another bouquet should go to Air New Zealand, who provided our children with
fabulous gluten-free meals (much better that the regular adult stuff that we
were served!).

There is also a health-food shop inside one of the malls that has gf bread,
and particularly good gf chocolate and ginger biscuits, as well as the usual
variety of dried pasta varieties, etc.

Queenstown certainly got the thumbs-up from my kids - they both want to move
there.

Natalie