From:
Laura Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:30:09 -0700

OK, not totally authentic churros, but I was experimenting with the
Chebe bread mix yesterday, and they are pretty darned good!
Basically, you do the "sweet" version of the bread, substituting 1/2
C of sugar for the cheese, and add 1/2 t cinammon.  Then roll the
dough into sticks about 3/4" thick - this makes about 10 which are
about 6" long.  Roll them in a cinamon and sugar mixture and bake as
directed.  The whole family enjoyed them.

The Chebe bread mix can be found in several places.  I have ordered
from Gluten Free Pantry (www.glutenfree.com) and directly from the
company (www.chebe.com).  I have no affiliation with either company
other than as a satisfied customer.

Laura