From:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:19:58 -0400

Hi Everyone--
Thank you for the many great responses--I will summarize on several emails to try to share as much information with you  as possible.

1)Check the achieves and do a search for Kutztown.  There was a post a few weeks ago about several colleges in PA and  Kutztown was one of them.

2)In CT, UCONN is great.  One of the head chefs for dining services has many family members who are GF due to CD.  He recently published a book I think.I tried setting up a page 1 yr ago, but ran out of time and resources. It still exists though:

http://www.bvgig.com/14.html

3)My son did a camp at North Dakota University this summer and they have
a dietician there, Dustin, who is very helpful. For those needing GF
foods you can turn in a request form and he gets you what ever you
want (with in reason). He will even go into town to get special items
that are requested. Also every allergen is posted on the menu so you
know what you are getting. It is a great system and they are really
nice about it!

4)In response to a growing need for this kind of information the Rochester Celiac Support Group has added to their website, www.rochesterceliacs.org  information about schools in western NY
and links to national websites with helpful information about gluten free dining at college.

5) Elon University is very gluten-free friendly.  Every time I have been there they have had gluten-free offerings in the dining hall, including gluten-free pancakes and french toast sticks for breakfast.  Even the little store on campus has a freezer with tons of gluten free items.