From:
Davitt Rosanne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:19:07 -0500

Dear List Buddies:

I have just returned after two years in Denver to my hometown in PA.  While
was in Denver, my daughter wanted to take me to dinner for my birthday.  She
suggested that we try Black Angus (a steak place not known in the eastern
states).  When we got in there, the waiter was very gracious and was also
very helpful when I described my GF needs.  He checked many times about
specific items on the menu and when I did order my meal, he first came to
the
table with deep fried breaded onions on the plate and when I mentioned it to
him, he was very apologetic and took the plate back and brought me a
completely new meal.  The restaurant manager even came out and apologized to
me and when I stated that I was going to get some ice cream, he wouldn't let
me pay for it even.

Although there was no guarantee that all their foods were gf, the items I
ordered were deemed to be gf by the fact that normally they are and the
process of their cooking was not going to make them any more dangerous.

My experience at this restaurant has shown me that there are many people out
there who are caring and want to help anyone as much as they can.  We just
need to give them a chance to show it.

Thanks,

rosiegf