From:
Charnele Bourque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 23:03:10 EST

Dear list:

Due to the upcoming holiday seasons, I thought it would be nice to share with
the group my labor of making gf stuffing the way I remember my mother use to
make, only gf. For those bread baking familles your half way there already.

When mixing the ingredients for gf bread instead of adding warm water, I add
the same amount of concentrated chicken stock. Now you can use the gf canned
kind or cubes (I find then salty ), I prefer to make it from scratch using
real chicken. In addition, I'll add 3-4 tablespoons of poultry seasoning and
parsley for color. Lit rise and Bake your usual way (machine or oven). I've
found the bread doesn't rise as much using chicken stock, but that shouldn't
matter. Once cooked cut bread into 1/2" cubes and dry in the oven at low heat
or air dry if preferred. Now you have gf seasoned croutons ready for stuffing
or salads. You can store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator or start right
on the stuffing. Mix in a bowl your croutons (enough to fill the cavity)
diced raw onions, raw celery and melted butter (your choice on the amounts
depending on taste and bird size) Then add small amounts of your hot chicken
stock until the croutons absorb up the stock until soft but not soupy. Fill
the bird loosely and cook per the directions.

Enjoy

Steve (from Boston) Bourque