From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:18:27 -0400

I eat in Outback a lot and never get sick. Tonight a very regimented waitress at our favorite haunt asked me which grill I wanted.  I told her that i know my non-gf hubby gets a choice, but I never do, so I don't know which is gf. She was baffled and insisted that she must ask everyone, so I asked for a manager. He was even more sure he knew everything and said gluten meant bread and yeast. And that both spice mixes for the different grills are gf. Um. I know they no longer instruct us to say no spices, but usually my filet comes plain.

I left. I'll write to ask corporate for a definite answer.

In the meantime.,.Does anyone know if the spices are now gf and both grills?

I have a feeling the chef may have known, but I walked out. Trust your gut!  My problem is out near my kids, I have limited gf options and I can't just blow off Outback.

Never saw this girl before, nor that manager.

Sent from my iPhone