From:
Jonemarie Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:59:40 -0800

Sorry this took so long to accomplish but I had about 4o responses.  Some
were duplicates I do hope I have not missed anyone, if I did it was purely
an oversite.  Thanks for understanding. Thanks also for all the information.
jonemarie

          Nestles toll house chocolate chip cookies and other

1.) I used the recipe on the chocolate. chip package with the following
adjustments:

    2 cups of gluten-free flour mix [Bette Hagman's]
  add 2 tsps. xantham gum
  add 2 Tbsp. of water
 The cookies are fantastic! I got the hint about using water on
this list a long time ago.  Enjoy. Janet

2.) The only change was replacing the regular flour with
the Bette Hagman gluten-free flour mix.  I haven't tried the cookies but
last week I did try the brownie recipe on the Nestle bag.  I just used the
gluten-free flour mix.  These brownies were wonderful.

3.) Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C butter               1/2 C sugar
1 C Brown Sugar      1 tsp. gf vanilla
Cream together.   Add 2 eggs and mix well.
1 1/2 C white rice flour
1/2 C potato starch flour
1/4  C tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Combine and add to egg/sugar mixture.  Mix and add 12 ounces chocolate chips
and 1 cup chopped nuts.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375* for
12 minutes or until golden brown.

4.) I took off the list a message that said we could substitute 2 parts
white rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch flour and 1/3 part tapioca flour,
for regularflour and use the rest of the recipe the same.

5.) Look on the back of the package and there it is --substitute our GF
flour for crisper -- I only use 1 stick of butter.

6.) GF Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups GF flour mix             1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cornstarch              2 eggs or egg beaters
1 tsp salt                      2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 stick margarine               1 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup sugar                   1/4 tsp xantham gum
3/4 packed brown sugar

Sift flour and corn starch; combine with baking soda and salt in
small bowl.  Beat margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in
large bowl.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually add flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  Drop by
tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11
minutes.

Let stand 2 minutes.

Pan Cookie variation:  Prepare dough as above.  Spread into greased 15x10
inch jelly roll pan.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

7.) "Trollhouse" Cookies
1 c. butter or margarine (2 sticks)
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. brown rice flour
1/2 c. potato flour (*not* potato starch)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry
ingredients and mix well.  Add chocolate chips (and some nuts, if
desired).  Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten *very*
slightly with fork.  Bake at 350-375 degrees F about 12 minutes till
lightly browned.  Let rest a minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire
rack to cool.

For holidays I used seasonally dyed M&M candies instead of chocolate
chips.

8.)

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup rice flour (brown and/or white)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
 Method:

1.  Cream margarine & butter, sugar, and vanilla.

2.  Beat in eggs.

3.  Add rice flour, xanthan gum, soda, and baking powder.

4.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes - or until lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before removing cookies onto a wax
papered flat surface.

Store cookies in an air-tight container -- these freeze very well.
For a change, I also add a cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or raisins.