Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:46:19 -0500

Have you ever been short of time?  You just want to grab something
fast to eat but you want it to be nutritious.  The kids are hungry
and doing that whining thing with those big puppy-dog eyes.  On the
drive home you pass 127 fast food joints.  You know they are not
gluten-free and you also know they are not nutritious.  So, you shove
some gluten-free crackers in the kid's mouths and spend the next 40
minutes making dinner.

Wait... there is another story.  You are still short of time but as
you pass the 128 (one more popped up since your last trip home) fast
food joints, you just smile because you know you are going home to
heat up a Mad Meal.  Yes, our first of many Mad Meals appeared on our
shelves last month.  It is not only gluten-free, casein-free, low-
glycemic but also highly nutritious.  Imagine swedish meatballs, red
potatoes, mixed vegetables and a tea cake for desert.  We're working
on others like hot dogs, chicken, pasta (if we can find some low
glycemic), and maybe even a grilled sandwich.

We also have expanded our new gluten-free ice cream flavors to
include dairy-free made with coconut milk.  We are making our own gf
waffle cones too.  We will soon be offering grilled sandwiches for
those wanting to eat in our bakeshop & foodery.

We have a new Vegan Whatever! Flatbread on the shelf next to our
regular Whatever! Flatbread.  These are great for kid make-your-own-
pizza parties.

In 3 days, our professional cake decorator is starting.  We're
excited to offer some real creative options for folks.  Wedding
cakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, graduation cakes, I-just-
want-a-special-cake cakes....  all gluten-free made with almond meal
and topped with dairy or casein-free frosting.  Our Elvis cake
(banana cake with peanut butter frosting) was a big hit last month.

In honor of the great contribution Bette Hagman has made to the
gluten-free community, I am putting all her cookbooks in our book
collection on sale ($2 off).  We will miss the "Gluten-Free Gourmet".

Our Bakeshop and Foodery is at 4747 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
55419 (612) 825-6680  (NE corner of 48th St E and Nicollet Ave S)
Hours 10 am to 8 pm Mon thru Sat and noon to 5 pm Sunday.

At our online store (www.madwomanfoods.com) you can order tea cakes.
I have turned off ordering pizzas and flatbread for the summer due to
the heat.  I continue to be saddened by the increase in shipping
rates.  I wish there was a more economical way to get our delicious
products to folks outside of the Minneapolis area.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Bren
Madwoman Foods

*******