From:
"Thomas A. Pelrin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 05:26:18 -0500

In Bette Hagman's cookbooks "The Gluten Free Gourmet" & "More From The
Gluten Free Gourmet", she recommends the use of "Betty Crocker Potato
Buds" in several of her recipes.  I, for years, used them at various times
for a coating for chicken, a filler in meatballs or meat loaf & numerous
other things until one day I called their 800 number & was informed that
NONE of their products are "gluten free".  Does anyone else have any
information pertaining to this?  If these are NOT gluten free and people
are assuming that they are, I'm afraid we'll have a lot of people in
"distress".  The ingredients on the box don't list anything (to my
knowledge) that may cause a problem so I'm guessing that Betty Crocker
doesn't want to assume any responsibility (as a lot of companies are also
doing).  Thanks for any input you may have.
Best wishes for a happy & healthy 1996!

Karen in Rockland, MA

ps.
  If any one has a good bagel recipe I could surprise my hubby with, I'd
love it!  Thanks