From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:45:23 -0400

My bone density scan shows an increase in the loss of bone mass over the
past two or three years.  So now, after resisting all this time, I'm
looking into Fossmax, once a week dosage.  The doctor nixed the nasal spray
Macalcin as it has no effect on the hip.  She said the alternate is Evista,
60mg once a day.  I am not willing to take Evista, as it's an hormone
alternative to HRT.

So, I ask you fellow celiacs what your experience with the new Fossmax once
a week dosage is like... I want to know of any effects on your digestive
system and the rest of your bodies.  Any distress?

I've been taking calcium isol.... (can't spell it right now) with vitamin
D, etc. and apparently it has been leached out when I had that long siege
with diarrhea in the past year or so.  I finally found the cause of it, and
it's wine - not sure if it's the tannin or sulphite or both that's wreaking
havoc on my body.   Now my system seems to be normalizing.  I want to get
my bones a bit more dense, if at all possible.

I'd appreciatre your feedback on this Fossmax....

Mildred Oberkotter