From:
Dan Grochowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 03:04:58 +0000

Many thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions for Naples.  Sorry I didn't respond to you individually but I really appreciate the help!  Looking forward to our trip in January.

-Try looking on Allergy Eats or the Gluten Free Travel Site, they have lists of restaurants that will accommodate your needs.

-We stay at Ft. Myers Beach and go down to North Naples to the Whole Foods on the highway.  There's Outback and Bonefish Grill and even a Pizzaria Uno in the area if you're up to driving a bit farther.

-Here's a review of a restaurant in Naples that was posted on our
review-based website, GlutenFreeTravelSite...

http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/Cafe-Luna/31/1424.php

-We've been to PF Changs and Outback Steakhouse in Naples.  You can check addresses / locations online.   PF Changs did GF right and was delicious.
Outback, both times, had mistakes when serving us our GF foods.  Once croutons were just picked off the top of a salad. . . and just last month 'gluten' rice pilaf was served on my plate of steak and chicken.  I immediately questioned the rice, waitress said DON'T eat it until I check with the chef. . . she came back, swiped my plate away, and within 5 minutes returned with proper GF food.  Chef came out and apologized.
It was YUM.  There is also a Five Guys Burgers which will serve your burger on lettuce.  Just mention you want it with no bun because you can't have wheat.  There are lots of condiments to choose from including grilled onions, mushrooms, etc at no extra charge.  Fries are wonderful and totally gluten free.  They have a sign up stating where the potatoes of the day originated.  lol

-Off Airport Pulling Road and Naples Way - Miller's Ale House - you have to ask, but they have GF menu.

PF Changs

Carraba's

-I think that when we looked into Naples, the Ritz Carlton had gf options at all their restaurants and maybe if you call their concierge in advance, they can make recommendations.

Thanks again,

Dan