From:
Linda Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 09:19:33 -0600

I would also like to have more information on sugars and the effect on the
body.  In April I was very ill--no food for a month.  Whenever I tried
to eat canned fruit, I would get a terrible stomach ache.  My Dr. said
perhaps it was a problem with the sugar rather than the actual fruit.
I still cannot drink pop.  I had two sips of Dr. Pepper last week and
immediately filled up with gas--was it from the sugar?  I do not use
sugar now and as you say without sugar it's very hard to get those
calories.  I probably do well to get 1000 a day--I know it's under
that figure.  I lost 10 pounds and cannot put it back on (now 95).
Now I'm just trying to maintain those 95#'s and not lose anymore. It's
a battle.