From:
steven hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steven hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:21:53 -0500

My MD and nutritionist have given me non prescription pancreatic enzymes at the highest dose available due to inability to digest fats and dairy products.  I have taken these for four months following a 25 pound weight loss in two months with weight down to 100 pounds.  He has recently decided that the prescription enzymes might be a better choice (hopefully generic as viokase in highest dose available will be more expensive).  However my pharmacist is having difficulty finding out if the prescription enzymes have gluten and dyes or other chemicals in the cap or coating likely to cause reactions.  If anyone knows of  gluten and dye free enzymes,  I would like to know company names, name of enzymes and a phone number or email address if available. Thanks. Robin