From:
Nancy Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:22:40 -0500

Dear alll, WOW! I didn't realize how many gingerbread lovers there are
out there until my posting yesterday about the great gingerbread recipe
in Ocober's Gourmet magazine.

      It is my understanding --- and maybe one of the list owners
could help me on this??? --- that we can't post recipes on this list
that were already published elsewhere. Is this true??

      I guess "legally" I could post it because of the changes I made.
Is this also true?

      Anyway, if someone could let me know, that would be great.
If it's okay to post with changes, I'll bring in the magazine to work
and type it in for you all.

      In the meantime, to answer some of the other questions:

1.  Gourmet is a cooking/foodie magazine easily available in grocery
and drug stores. It is not specifically GF, although I have found that
80+% of their recipes (as with most cooking magazines) are de facto
GF (e.g. meat or vegetable recipes, etc.) or easily adaptable to be so.
The only exceptions are some baked goods. That was why I was
so excited that this gingerbread recipe worked.

2.  Most public libraries also carry Gourmet. So you don't have to buy
it, you can just go to the library (or stand in the grocery store
magazine aisle and copy it down).

3.  One person also suggested that you can pull up the recipe off the
web from Gourmet's site, http://www.epicurious.com    They have a
recipe search engine -- just type in gingerbread, and then go to the one
for 2000 -- a reader's recipe from a woman in Massachusetts. Then you
can print it out right on your computer.

So, I'm not trying to be obnoxious or unhelpful, I'm just trying to
follow copyright laws so that we don't get this list in trouble.

Thanks much,
Nancy