Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:53:17 -0700

I emailed Arrowhead Mills to query them about their cereals (puffed rice, corn, and millet). Below is their answer. (It took over a month to get it.) This sounds a lot like Wild Oats' brand of puffed cereal, which I had to quit eating last year. So, now I'm looking for GF cereal again. (I can't eat the regular GF cereals because I'm hypoglycemic and can't have the sugar or all the carbs. I used to combine the puffed grains with nuts and dried fruit. It turned out really good--with the obvious exception of not being GF.)

Angela Taylor (Tulsa, Oklahoma)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.  We apologize for the delay in our reply and appreciate your patience.  We strive to maintain the highest quality products and we appreciate your patronage.

In terms of gluten allergy and celiac disease, any allergen (from the 7 most common allergies, including wheat) would be listed on the package in the ingredients statement.  However, we cannot guarantee that our products are produced in a gluten-free facility, so there may be a possibility of cross-contact.  What we can say with assurance is that the ingredients statement reflects the raw materials used to create and manufacture our products.

Thank you for your continued support of The Hain Celestial Group.  If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-434-4246, Monday through Friday from 7AM - 5PM Mountain Time.

Brian
Consumer Response Representative
Ref # 606593

Discover Yahoo!