From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:56:08 -0400

I'm writing to recommend a product I just found.

New Harvest Naturals Gluten-free Bakery Pound Cake mini's, marble style. They're sort of cupcake size, but elongated.

While I'm not a big dessert eater, since these come individually wrapped, they'd make very handy desserts for picnic lunches and whenever I have to bring my own food to a buffet (like I did last night).

And it struck me as something a kid wouldn't be embarrassed having in a lunchbox. I think it would do well to keep in the teacher's closet, too, for those days when the rest of the class is having regular cupcakes. (Watch the expiration date.)

Don't beat me up on this. I always had stuff in the closet when I was a teacher, for kids who needed it. Much better than being left out. And for my own son, I supplied his all-natural treats (Feingold Diet) for the whole class for holiday parties. I could see any kid liking these.

I can't tell if they remind me of Entenmann's Pound cake or Yankee Doodles without the cream. It's been so long since I had either. But it struck me as being part of a memory and certainly didn't taste gluten-free.

I have absolutely no connection to this company. Just happened to pick up a pack in my local healthfood store and was very pleasantly surprised.  I bought them at Chestertown Natural Foods, in Chestertown, MD.