From:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:52:21 -0400

Sorry this post took so long to get to! There were many suggestions, so I’ll
begin with East Coast

Primary suggestion was to rent a home or condo anywhere from the Jersey
Shore, to Ocean City Maryland, to the N.Carolina and South Carolina coasts.

Disney World/Land were also HIGHLY suggested. Rave reviews from all who are
dealing with CD children as well as adults.

Royal Carribbean Cruise was also highly suggested.

I also heard from a business owner that has rental units on the Mississippi
Gulf coast. Find that information at www.frenchgardenapartments.com
<http://www.frenchgardenapartments.com/>

I heard that Legoland in California was also accommodating.

The one idea that my own family has used which we are repeating this year
was to camp at a Yogi Bear Jellystone Park. They are located all over the
country.  Most campgrounds have several variations of Park provided rental
units, from a very nice trailer to rent, to cottages with limited cooking
avail. (one burner stove, with dorm size refrig)  The Jellystone we like is
in Western NY state (North Java).  It has a pool, with kid wading pool,
mini-golf, 3 playgrounds, a lake with water fun,(slide, paddle boats,) a
full ranger station with store, café, gameroom.  They also have planned
activities throughout the week during the summer months with special themed
weekends. The kids get to go for  a “Hey, Hey boo boo” wagon ride and the
camp counselors sing camp songs throughout the campground with the riders
joining in.  My 4 and 2 year old had a GREAT time.  Yogi, and BooBoo made
appearances and we got to have a pizza with them.( I made my daughters in
our trailer and brought it with us to the lunch and she loved getting to hug
Yogi.  The trailer we rented was a deluxe- we justified the cost by
comparing it to a hotel rather than camping rates. It had a full kitchen,
eat-in kitchen area, family room, with two small bunk bed, bedrooms and a
double bed bedroom. We had a full bathroom and they provided kitchen plates,
pans, silverware- I brought my own pans so I could still cook separately
when it was needed. The trailer had a full deck with a table and a picnic
table on the ground next to a firepit.  All Jellystone Parks are set up
differently, but we are hoping to go to see other campgrounds and use those
as home base while site seeing the many magnificent areas there are in the
United States. Information about Yogi Bear Parks can be gotten from
www.campjellystone.com <http://www.campjellystone.com/>

I have no affiliation with any of the Jellystone Parks-

Thanks to all that listed their suggestions! I will be passing all of the
suggestions on to my parent group.

Karen Tambasco